The beauties of Kenya

Friday, August 13, 2010

Kenya here we come!

We have started a blog for family and friends who want to follow our next great adventure. It has been six years since Aggie, Lillian and I were in Kenya. For Noreen and Linda (hereafter referred to as ReRe and Nana), this is their first trip to Kenya.

I remember the day we last left Kenya in 2003. I was exhausted and on the plane with Aggie, then 22 months, and Lillian, 8 months. Our friend, Julius, was with us but both girls insisted I hold them for takeoff. We had a wonderful flight attendant so both girls snuggled into each arm as we lifted off. The relief that we were leaving Kenya was palpable because every day of the 8 weeks were there had been a roller coaster never knowing when the process would be finalized for Lilian to come home.

I also remember knowing we'd go back to Kenya one day. I had no idea how old the girls would be or what their personalities would be like so this day is very special.

We will be posting here and on Facebook.

3 comments:

  1. Many many blessings. Thanks for sharing your journey, the big safari.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear more about your trip! Love the pic of the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you arrived safely. Pick a Mango for me from Joe & Nancy's tree. Have fun at the Giraff Park and watch out for those headbutts.
    Remember we almost dropped Aggie and lost a camera after the last visit. Say hi to the hippos.
    love Kathy

    ReplyDelete